CHRIST THE KING VBS 2016
Save the dates: Monday, July 11th thru Thursday, July 14th, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
The "great river of mercy", as Pope Francis' calls it in Misericordia Vultus, his introduction to the Jubilee Year of Mercy, "never run dry" because there are always those who are willing to peform acts of mercy in their everyday lives. In the Corporal Works of Mercy, one of the official catechetical texts for the Year of Mercy, the concept of mercy as revealed in both the Old Testament and the New Testament is explored. The development of theology behind works of mercy, as expressed by the early Church fathers, is also examined as a base for in-depth reflections on the corporal works of mercy, their role in the life of the Church and in the lives of individual believers. We encourage you to use this text as a way of living out Pope Francis' call to "become strong in the faith in Jesus Christ."
Evangelization team members for each Corporal Work of Mercy
1. Feed the Hungry - Monica Gregorsky - email@example.com
2. Give Drink to the Thirsty - Scott Jaworski - firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Clothe the Naked - Marie Strong - email@example.com
4. Shelter the Homeless - Laura Truelove - firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Visit those in Prison - Mike Bobrowski - email@example.com
6. Visit the Sick - Mary Jo Piche' - firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Bury the Dead - Susan Noble - email@example.com